High Wind Warning remains in effect until noon EST today.
- Locations: The New York City Metropolitan Area, coastal and Southeast Connecticut, and Long Island.
- Hazards: damaging wind gusts.
- Winds: southeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph, shifting southwest by late this morning.
- Timing: strongest winds will occur after sunrise.
- Impacts: winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations, and cause minor property damage. Numerous power outages will be possible. Driving high profile vehicles will be difficult, especially on elevated roadways and bridges. (Source: Google Public Alerts)