Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Monday, December 24, 2012
it seemed like a new form of haiku and it seemed like an urgent plea. on this particular day, if i was ana i'd flag a cab right there, have it turn around, and head to jfk. in this season of emails and texts, tweets and instagrams this seemed especially publicly romantic. i wonder what ana thought.
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Friday, December 21, 2012
High Wind Warning remains in effect until noon EST today.
- Locations: The New York City Metropolitan Area, coastal and Southeast Connecticut, and Long Island.
- Hazards: damaging wind gusts.
- Winds: southeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph, shifting southwest by late this morning.
- Timing: strongest winds will occur after sunrise.
- Impacts: winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations, and cause minor property damage. Numerous power outages will be possible. Driving high profile vehicles will be difficult, especially on elevated roadways and bridges. (Source: Google Public Alerts)
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
i wanted to put my Christmas list on top of one of those presents so maybe there would still be time for you to bring it to the elves and then they could make something that i really want. but i could only get within a couple of feet of you. is there a restraining order or something against me? please let me know because Christmas is almost here. is there a court in the north pole that handles things like this? please send me there (sic) address. as always, i will leave cookies for the reindeer and a cup of warm milk for you.
very truly yours,
Monday, December 17, 2012
the only thing less cheery than a fast deteriorating balloon santa,
is a second one, in even worse shape,
that's allowed to stand in front of today's dinner specials
the first level of triage is "immediate; life threatening".
i'm thinking "kablooey"would work here
the better shape santa started to bend.
if he looks to his right, he'll see his future
and it's not pretty